Sunday, February 17, 2013

Supervisor Conference

     I met with Dr. Alex Torrez, Deputy Superintendent of Clear Creek ISD, on February 14, 2013.  The meeting began with Dr. Torrez asking me about my plans for the future and what I hoped to gain from obtaining my certification.  My answer was to use my certification to assist me in gaining a district level position as well as using the hours towards obtaining a doctorate degree.  I informed him that I would like to focus on increasing the assistant principal’s knowledge of special education in order to reduce the number of due process hearings in the district.  His belief was that my studies should be focused on ways to build capacity within the special education administration to improve leadership within the special education programs.  He feels as though our special education managers are good at identifying problems but not good at identifying solutions. 
      My internship plan was reviewed and although there were no changes made, he did recommend that I review the inclusion model currently being used in the district and be prepared to provide three recommendations for improvement at our next meeting scheduled in April and a written plan of action for our meeting scheduled in May. 

No comments:

Post a Comment